Special initiatives that provide opportunities for all students to prepare for entry level-positions, lifelong careers, and post-secondary education. READ MORE
THE CTE MODEL
1. The CTE course provides high school credit and aligns with one of the key Sonoma County economic development industries:
- Advanced Technology and Manufacturing (Including STEM)
- Sonoma Specialties (wine, food and tourism)
- Health and Wellness
- Construction/Green Services
2. The course allows for students of all abilities and educational pathways to engage.
3. The course has an integrated broad academic component, aligned with common core state standards and related to and relevant to the CTE career cluster, such as developing integrated projects with a core academic teacher, Mathematics, Science, Social Science or English Language Arts. Training for developing these projects is available through SCOE CTE Support Services as part of their Career Pathways Trust Grant in the Northern California Career Pathway Alliance.
4. The course has an internal champion at the school (teacher/volunteer) and the full support of school and district leadership.
5. The school has access to facilities, staff & curriculum for this course.
6. The school plans to have a local company involved, such as providing support and assistance in the classroom for an integrated project, mentoring, equipment, work based learning opportunities, internships, etc.
7. The course has plans for, or existing articulation agreements with post-secondary education.
8. The course includes a Financial Literacy component. (Curriculum provided by Sonoma County Office of Education)
9. The course includes a Work Readiness component. (Curriculum provided by Sonoma County Office of Education)
10. The course attracts enough students to fill the course and they provide positive feedback to attract and encourage more students to attend in subsequent years.
11. The school/district annually measures the program’s impact and success based on anticipated outcomes.
Additional funding may be granted, as funds are available or as designated, for the following CTE support programs, supplies and staff development: